View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 05:42 AM   #7
stanziog
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Animal Smiley 036

I know this post is going to be a little long but i do want to give you my input...
I have Rocco for a month and a half now. I got him at 8 weeks old. i live in an apt. in Manhattan. I keep Rocco in the kitchen (puppy proof) which is a nice size for him. His crate is in there open all the time and I have a gate in the doorway of the kitchen so he is contained. He has alot of toys to keep him busy. I come home at lunchtime and spend a half hour with him. (takes me 15 min back and forth). I spend about an hour in the morning playing with him in the house and then take him out for a walk. You have to tire them out. We have a routine before i leave the house, i pick up all his toys which make their way into the living room during playtime, as i am picking them up he goes into the kitchen and once the toys are in the kitchen and i reach for the gate he goes in his crate for his morning nap. i open all the blinds in the house for plenty of light, i leave the radio on. he cried for the first couple of days he was home but now he is a very good boy. I do notice that once he is in the kitchen all set up i MUST leave the apt. If he thinks i am home and he is gated he does start to cry. I spend alot of time with him one on one (remember you will be his mother father sister brother and best friend) and i also take him for playdates and he is very social.
It is a big commitment and will take some patience with training but it is so well worth the time and effort. I LOVE Rocco soooo much. He is a good boy. I wish you luck and if i can help out just let me know...
stanziog is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!