View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 09:20 PM   #6
2Morkies
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkking17 View Post
Hi all,

So I am continuing to try to do research and learn as much as possible before its the right time to actually purchase a puppy.

Mine didn't start barking until they got older. You could leave the TV on for him or her. Also, lots of toys are a must. Crate train or leave in a confined place like the bathroom or kitchen. She'll sleep most of the day...after her long early morning walk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessesgirl View Post
Great question! I am curious about this too since I live in a condo. Granted I will be home most of the day except for my classes... I still worry about night time and disrupting my neighbors. (Who are very nice, btw ) I just want to be courteous to others. I hope you get some good advice!
If you get one small enough...you could bring her to class with you in a little puppy bag.

However, I am wondering if anyone has any insight into this potential problem. I live in an apartment, with a neighbor (downstairs) who is home most of the day. I will be working 9-5 (hopefully will be able to come home during my lunch break to check in), but I am concerned about a puppy barking and whining all day when I'm gone.

I was thinking about puppy daycare a couple time a week, but that could get expensive. I also don't have anyone I would feel comfortable with coming in during the day (aside from myself during lunch). Do any of you have young puppies who never stopped barking? Or do they usually adjust after some time? Does anyone have experience addressing this problem? Unique ideas?

Daycare is good, but not untill she's older...maybe close to a year old.
My two don't bark unless I'm home and they hear things. You can train them not to bark though.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcmsw View Post
Get two! then they can play with each other. A bored baby will get into everything and not adjust very well. I hate it when I have to leave mine...but we got the second just so the one didn't have to be alone (well, we had another dog, but she was very old and slept all the time, so no company for our Yorkie) But two turns into three *sigh* Kendra
YES, GET TWO!! I did and it's the best thing ever.

MuffinBoomer

Last edited by 2Morkies; 10-21-2010 at 09:22 PM.
2Morkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!