View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 04:33 PM   #1
heathersinmi
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Question Help: My Baby Girl is Turning in Circles and Shaking her Head

My little girl Bela who is 6 1/2 months old and weighs 3 1/2 pounds started turning in circles, pacing, and when picked up turning her head from side to side constantly. She's at the Vet. Hospital right now (staying overnight) receiving IV fluids, charcoal, and having her glucose monitored. The Dr. already did general bloodwork and found her liver and kidney levels to be fine and no elevated NH3 but is also doing a bile acids panel tonight. It was heartbreaking to watch her suddenly go from her happy go lucky little self to having no control or ability to relax. She seemed fine when she woke up but after the kids went off to school all I could her was the little bell on her collar jingling constantly as she pacing and turning! There is the possibility that she ate something or a very slim chance that she may have found a dropped pill (therefor the charcoal) but to top it all off our home had renovations done recently and she could have even ate a few paint chips (lead based most likely) that may have fallen? We try to be extremely diligent when taking medication and even with the remodel things were vacuumed up immediately but you just never know. Needless to say, has anyone had this happen to their baby very suddenly? My heart is broken and I can't think about anything else besides Bella sitting there at the Vet possibly in pain. I have a bad feeling that what is going on has nothing to do with paint or medication and I think that makes it even worse.
Thank you,
Heather
heathersinmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!