View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 04:13 PM   #1
JessicaT
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default A question about a non-yorkie breeder.

I have a friend who bought two pit bull puppies a few weeks ago. When he got them they were six weeks old, I told him that was way too young but hadn't thought about it because we don't talk much. Well, he updated me today on the situation.

He had given them their first round of shots at nine weeks, he used a five-way vaccine he got at Farmer's Exchange (I think that's like a Southern States, if you're familiar with those stores). A week or so later the little boy puppy started acting sick and dizzy, and then he died a few days later. The little girl didn't show any symptoms at all and he just found her dead a day or two ago. When he bought the dogs, the breeder apparently had seventeen puppies for sale (from two large litters I think??). He said he contacted her, to tell her what had happened (and ask for his money back, but he only spent $200 so its really more about his broken heart than the money). Apparently she blamed him for the deaths and refused a refund.

I told him this breeder sounded like she was running a puppy mill and he needed to talk to his lawyer about some way to get her shut down, but I really don't know what else to tell him. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by JessicaT; 10-20-2010 at 04:15 PM. Reason: to be more clear
JessicaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!