Thread: Rich urine
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 08:50 AM   #1
Psychoyorkie
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Rich urine

My two can't hide who has the accidents in the house because "Teddy" my male for some reason has very "rich" urine. When it has time to sit, it "crystalizes", and is darker and sometimes I've noticed when I clean it up it seems "thicker" than it should be. I asked my vet about this when he was younger, he's 2-1/2 now, and he said it's sometimes calcium in their system? But I don't understand how after this long and having a different diet that it hasn't changed. They don't get scraps, but the place we got them from unfortunately was feeding them the same cheap big chunk food that the real big dogs were eating. I also blame that for my female having such bad teeth as well. Sometimes though, "Teddy" just seems like he just doesn't feel "right" but I can never tell for sure.
Unfortunately when we got them, we did not get to meet their father, and I often wonder if he is a mix because even though the female appears to be all yorkie at 5-7 pounds, the male is more around 10-12 pounds and is still the black with brown like the puppies, but he has stray grey hairs in his back hair that feels more "wiry" than the rest. He also has a thicker coat with more wave in it.
Any ideas out there?!?
Psychoyorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!