View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 06:39 AM   #5
enchilila
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchilila View Post
Does anyone have any recommendations of how to contain Betty Boop in a small area outside? My yard is fenced, but it is large. The problem is that she is eating sticks, pecans, acorns, monkey grass, ferns, etc., etc., etc., You name it, she'll be taking a bite of it! I'm guessing this is what made her sick this past weekend where we had to take her to the ER for very bloody poop.

I want to create an area just for her that is as slick and as clean as a baby's butt.....somewhere she can go potty and exercise. I want it large enough so she can play and also that I can move around inside with her! I don't want her getting lonely. I imagine I'll be down on all fours trying to convince her that she likes her new "area".

I thought about going to Petco or Petsmart and looking at their outside kennels. Might have to wind up having someone come in and build a chain link fence.
Chain link would probably be sturdier, not to mention it would probably look nicer, too. I don't need a very large area at all. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boopster View Post
You have to be careful that there are no gaps between sections of any fence big enough for the baby to squeeze through. If there are predatory birds in the area you might also look at putting a top on it. I was looking at some outdoor catteries and aviaries the other day that looked pretty nice.
Yeah, I've seen and heard owls in the past and also have seen hawks. The last high wind we had blew trees over and one hit our backyard chain link fence. The dh straightened it back up, but since there is a lot of English Ivy and such on the ground, he didn't notice there were two huge gaps between the ground and the fence! Another . I'm always on Betty Boop's heels. I followed her to the gaps and caught her before she got out! They are fixed now.

Thanks for the catteries idea. I would never have thought about them.

BTW, how is Tallulah doing? She is a real cutie pie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britster View Post
I live on 3 acres unfenced and have been looking into fencing ideas for Jackson.

I've found a few 'deer fencing' type things that will probably work. I have yet to do it. But was going to make a big rectangular area for him to run in supervised. You can get metal posts, or wood, and use twisty-ties to attach them to the fencing.

Similar to this type of stuff:
Tenax 3 ft. x 15 ft. Black Hardware Net - 751397 at The Home Depot
GardmanŽ Reed Fencing - Yard & Garden Fence - Ace Hardware

I looked at your links. Are these materials floppy or sturdy? I may have missed the description of them, but will go back and look. Thanks!

"Betty Boop"
The light of my life & the joy of my living!
enchilila is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!