View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 02:08 PM   #14
FlDebra
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiedaze View Post
First have a will made out and leave money to those who take her so they can take care of her, then decide if you want to bury her or have her cremated. When my 16 year old Delsi was on a decline, friends of ours bought her a nice casket that doesn't deteriorate in the ground. Small Eternal Rest Pet Casket - Cat, Dog or Other Pet I knew I wasn't going to have her cremated due to the expense of it. (To make sure your pet is the only one cremated, you can be there to see the empty crematorium and wait till they are cremated, but it's terribly expensive).
I'm happy to see your thinking ahead like this. It's such a comfort knowing your babies will be taken care of in your passing, or while your alive.
Our vet only charges $100 more to have them cremated separately as opposed to a communal cremation. I think it was $140 or $40 -- something like that, maybe not exact.

That was very thoughtful of your friends to provide a nice casket. Something you would have found very difficult to order ahead of time. Nice that they did it for you. You all have made me start thinking about who will take care of mine should I go before them. Guess I better talk to my kids.
FlDebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!