View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 10:04 AM   #4
Roccosmommy
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllDogBoots View Post
Thank you so much! My only issue now, so far, is the daily walk to the mailbox. I'm on a country road and Cooper and I walk to retrieve the mail everyday. I think that because the walk is so routine, he still acts up because he knows exactly where we are going and how to get there. I've tried walking in different directions and turning around randomly, but it doesn't seem to work. Either way, we can walk in a park or a new place with ease.
Hooray for Cooper !!! I do think you're right about the routine walk not being trainable. Rocco has been walking like a champ on a leash since he was about 4 months old, but EVERY time we come to the fence of the house before our yard, he starts running, pulling, biting the leash, and being a show off. I think it's because he's comfortable knowing where he is; regardless, I cannot break him of it. So if the worst for Cooper is the mailbox walk, so be it. Enjoy your park walks!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!