View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 07:21 AM   #1
AllDogBoots
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default It's a Miracle!! Cooper Can Walk (on a lead)

Cooper is 2 1/2 years old and I've never been able to train him to properly walk on a lead. Frustrated when he was puppy, I hired a trainer to deal with my lack of training skills. After training he did wonderfully, however I never followed through as much as I should have

Flash forward 2 years. Cooper pulls me like he's a 200 pound dog on a mission to get "there". He doesn't even know I'm with him. I believe I have tried every training technique I could find from treats, clicker, bottle with coins, etc. I have spent hours upon hours and have gotten nowhere.

I bought the Easy Walk Harness as a result of advice given by another YT member. It took about 1/2 hour to adjust to fit Coop properly. I took him outside on our typical daily walk to the mailbox and it wasn't all that successful. I realized that this walk is so routine that nothing will work due to poor habits. We decided to go to a new park for a walk.

Cooper walked INCREDIBLY! When he started to pull ahead, a couple of quick flicks with the wrist was all it took to refocus him. I was so very proud to walk him, even around people. It has completely changed him. Children even approached us and somehow, he didn't jump on them.

The harness is made with a D ring in front that applies gentle pressure to his chest and shoulder blades. It is designed to redirect the dogs focus back to the owner.

I know this post is extremely long, but I feel this product will really change mine and Cooper's relationship and allow us to explore outdoors a bit more. I hope that it can work for someone else who has similar issues to ours.

Easy Walk Harness Product Description - Premier Pet
I bought it on ebay. I bought another for Max, which I'm waiting for.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!