Thread: Be prepared!!
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2010, 12:10 PM   #1
Lizzie07
YT 1000 Club Member

Default Be prepared!!

This morning, my mother, who is in her 80's and lives with me dropped one of her medications on the floor. My IG puppy grabbed it and proceeded to swallow it before I could get to her. When I asked my mother what it was she told me it was the "green one." As I start going through my options and out of my mind, like find the bottle with the green pills, get online to find out if it's harmful, on and on, I decide to go with hydrogen peroxide to induce vomiting.

I had no idea how much to give, but gave her three cc's from an oral syringe, waited a few minutes and gave her three more. It worked like a charm! After the struggle with the second dose, I put her down and a few seconds later she threw up a bunch of foam with a few pieces of food, some greenish blue stuff in it (the coating from the pill) and the pill. I was totally amazed.

So please, be prepared, have hydrogen peroxide and an oral syringe in your pet emergency kit, just in case if you have to induce vomiting. Here is an article on it How to Induce Vomiting (Emesis) in Dogs
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!