Thread: Itchy Eddie
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2005, 05:45 PM   #5
Sherry Lynn
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Dublin has had itchy skin from the get-go, and I've tried different foods and it didn't seem to make much of a difference. Since I got him Memorial weekend, I knew it isn't the dry winter air causing it.

I have been following Tricia's posts (Lexi's Mommy) and I've tried products she's suggested with good results. Derma Care and Groomax Oatmeal Shampoo.

The first thing I tried was Derma Care food supplement. Instead of the capsules, I got the liquid supplement that you put directly on the food. For some reason, all the dogs want to eat out of that particular dish, so it must be tasty to them. (Just smells a little fishy to me!)

I only bathe him every 2-3 weeks since he doesn't get really dirty, but his last couple of baths have been with Groomax Oatmeal shampoo. In between I have been rubbbing him with Cowboy Magic Conditioning oil, which someone else suggested. His skin sucks it right up so he never seems oily but it definately keeps him from scratching. An added bonus is that it also seems to be working miracles for my nails!

Since Eddie wasn't always itchy, you might want to start with the Derma Care (I got mine at PetSmart) since the Omegas are good for them anyways...

Good luck! Can't stand the thought of little Eddie being uncomfortable!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!