View Single Post
Old 10-17-2010, 02:11 PM   #8
FlDebra
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

What a precious picture of your two "boys." That little push car was custom made for them. I can tell you all enjoyed your walks. I am so sorry for the pain you are going through. There is no way to erase it but time will let more of the good memories take over some of the heartache.

I lost my sweet Sadie last year. It took me a while, but I now have a new girl. I am so thankful I made the decision to add her to our family. We were missing a little girl and I feel like she is a tribute to Sadie as well as a joy in her own right. You can never replace a pet loved as much as we do ours, but sometimes a new puppy can make their own place in the family and help ease some of the grief. Only you will know when and if that time comes for you.

Sometimes a photo project to honor the memories of your lost one can be cathartic. I also sent pictures to Lazy Daisy (Dainty Dawgs) and she made me a miniture sculpture likeness of my girl Sadie. I also got one of Ben and a newborn to represent their puppies. I cried and cried when it came in, but it was a happy cry. It looked exactly like her! A tiny treasure to represent my Sadie! I don't know if these things would help you, but I felt like I had to "do" something or I would burst. I will always miss my Sadie girl but feel like I can focus more on the positive memories now.
FlDebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!