View Single Post
Old 10-16-2010, 09:25 PM   #15
Woogie Man
Donating Member

Problems like this can have so many causes. I recently went through the same thing with 4 of my dogs....bright red bloody poop and, in one case, bloody vomit. It seem to happen to one dog one day and then another a couple of days later.

In my case, the cause was so simple that I'm embarrassed to say. But if it helps anyone, here goes.

My wife had begun helping me with feeding the dogs. In the evening, we feed them dry with a little canned and warm water mixed in. She had been stacking the dishes as she carried them. What was happening was that the bottom of one dish was touching the food in the one below it. My habit was to wash out the dishes daily, but not the undersides particularly. So, even though the dish was clean, there was obviously bacteria from the food that had stuck to the bottom of the dish from earlier. So, with the next feeding that bacteria was introduced into the food by stacking the dishes. The result was bloody poop.

Once it dawned on me what was happening, I cleaned all the dishes thoroughly and had my wife quit stacking the dishes. I haven't had a problem since.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!