View Single Post
Old 10-16-2010, 08:56 AM   #9
BabyGirl Rosie
I ♥ my girls!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilize View Post
Haha, Britster. Very cute Aren't little sisters the best? LOL

To answer your question, BabyGirl Rosie, I make several types of treats. I even make kong filling myself (liver & oats).
How does your yorkie feel about cheese? My dogs love cheese, so I spoil them with it from time to time. Not too much though - it can lead to pancreatitis. Here is the recipe for cheese bites:
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/4 cups grated cheddar cheese
125g margarine or 125ml oil
1 clove garlic - crushed
1 pinch salt
1/4 cup milk (or as needed)

Grate cheese into a bowl and leave until it reaches room temperature. Cream the cheese with the softened margarine, garlic, salt and flour. Add enough milk to form into a ball. Chill for 30 minutes. Roll onto floured board and cut into shapes. Bake at 190 degrees celsius for 15 minutes or until slightly brown and firm. This recipe makes 2 to 3 dozen, depending on how big your shapes are (if you give a lot of treats, make them as small as possible).

I have healthier recipes too, loads of them. Let me know if you need more
Thank you very much! I would love any that you are willing to share. I tried one last night that I found on the sticky I think. It was with wheat germ and baby food. She loved it!! Yes, she does like cheese. I don't give it often just a tiny bit every once and a while. I will try the cheese bites. Thanks so much!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!