Thread: Insecure dog
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2010, 06:19 AM   #7
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Jackson can be shy. He's not really skiddish or anything. He's not what I'd call a 'fearful' dog but he's also not the dog that's going to run up to any human and want a belly rub... if a stranger approaches him to be pet, he's usually very slow and hangs his head low or will kind of back away. He never barks at people or other dogs or anything of the sort and he's totally comfortable walking in pet stores, public places, etc, without being nervous. So "cautious" is maybe a good word to put how he is. Also, my dad, mom, siblings, grandparents, etc, he LOVES!! Even if he only sees them once every few months, he will always go up to them excitedly and give them kisses. So he's VERY close to all his family but just cautious around strangers.

Anyways, I've had to build his confidence and he will be 2 years old and is doing sooo great! He's been going to the dog parks since 6 months old and that's where he is happiest. He loves all other dogs and is very social in that sense. He also feels more comfortable with people petting him there, I think the other dogs help him out! I also began taking him to my cousins little league games and always carrying treats so any kids that wanted to come up and pet him would give him a treat so he learned that kids are awesome! I've also signed him up for his first organized training class in Beginners Agility and that seems to have boosted his confidence a TON!

Last edited by Britster; 10-16-2010 at 06:20 AM.
Britster is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!