View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010, 12:29 PM   #8
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy_SW View Post
Reading about vaccines today made me wonder if i have a good vet. He gave Freddy 2 x DHPP incl. L, luckily he didn't react to the L at 12 weeks and 16 weeks. I told the vet when i got Freddy he came with NO shots at all. After the 2 visits the vet told me that Freddy was fine until next year. Also, he gave him the Bordetella twice, which i didn't know that he doesn't really need it. He also gave the Rabies shot to Freddy when he was 3 months old.....Damn! I guess i really messed up with this vet. Spend this morning online looking for a new vet. Freddy is not neutered yet and i guess needs his 3rd round of DHPP and i hope to find a good vet that i can trust...but it is really hard!

Just read online that twice the DHPP can be enough....well what to believe??? Need your advice..should Freddy get his DHPP a 3rd time?
DHPP should ideally be given at 8 weeks, 12 weeks and 15-16 weeks. Rabies should be given when 20 weeks or older (according to your law). Then at 1 year, they again get DHPP as a booster, as well as rabies (but give them at separate times).
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!