View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010, 03:20 AM   #5
FlDebra
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Ebay is full of carriers. Petedge is a wholesale company that has some inexpensive versions. Lots of good deals here too: Designer Dog Carriers for dogs up to 8 lbs

I had a Petflys and they are great for travel in car or plane. I thought it a little heavy for everyday but it is extremely well made. Celltei is another quality brand that comes in many styles. They are a little higher than what you want normally, but they always have a nie selection in the Specials section. I just checked and there are plenty for under $100 SPECIALS

I just bought this bag: The Genevieve Carrier - A Chice Combination of Style | Safety | Function | Comfort from another YT member and it is really nice for both of my pups at the same time. It would probably be perfect for one 8 pound and up. I like them to have a little room so am happy with it. Very stylish! As you see it is priced around $200 but I got it here for much less. So if you check the Yorkie PRoducts for Sale forum here you can often find a great deal on designer carriers.

Kwigy Bo is probably the most popular carrier now -- looks like a purse, well made and we have a couple of YT vendors that can make you a deal. I amcrazy about the Alex one and came close to getting one last week when a great deal popped up here. But, I had already bought 3 carriers in a month. I figured 4 was slipping over the edge of crazy.

I have so many carriers, I really need to pare down some. I have a Juicy and a Vera Bradley that I do not use much. I also just bought the Chromebones Hobo (stealth) carrier that is perfect for a puppy or very tiny dog. That is why I wanted it. Annie is so tiny right now a full size carrier swallows her. This one is perfect and going to be her Football game bag. I have a Longaberger Carrier that I absolutely LOVE for 2 pups together. It doubles as a car seat, although they can't see out but it is safe. It also has an extendable handle and wheels like a carry-on bag. People are always wanting to knwo where to get it but it is no longer sold by Longaberger. Have to watch ebay. I have a cheap no-name carrier I bought a few years ago at TJ MAxx. I used it a LOT for the pups. So, you don't have to spend a lot.

Mostly, you need to set some parameters. Do you want Airline approved? That narrows the choices. Do you want sturdy or soft and maleable? Designer or functional? There are so many choices -- you just have to find a few you like and then ask about people's experiences. Have fun and be careful, they can get oddly addictive.

Last edited by FlDebra; 10-14-2010 at 03:25 AM.
FlDebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!