View Single Post
Old 10-13-2010, 09:24 PM   #1
Klyn
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default PetSmart Grooming

Let me start by saying my mom is the one person with Lacie the majority of the time. So, she's the one that deals with the non-stop puppy energy.

She has been unable to properly brush/comb Lacie's hair in the last 2-3 days. Today she noticed there were matts that just weren't going to come out. We've hesitated on the hair cut for a bit because we just haven't known where to take her. The groomer we've used in the past has always done a great job, but she also just had twin boys a few weeks ago (so, we're just going to assume she's on maternity leave).

As a last resort, my mom decided to just take her to the PetSmart groomers. They told her it would be an hour, so my mom decided to take advantage of some free time and run some errands at a nearby store. She came back a bit earlier than that to find Lacie already in a holding crate with her hair cut shorter than what my mom was expecting, and the itty bitty bit of hair left on top of her head was pulled back tightly with a hair bow that was wrapped on very tightly. It looked like her head was bald and her eyes were being pulled back. Nothing against putting in a top knot- but it looked ridiculous and we had to cut the bow out.

When my mom took her from the assistant, the girl looked at her and said, "She was being a brat when the groomer tried to brush her out. You need to schedule another appointment in 4 weeks."

Is that rude or is that normal?? I'm sure Lacie was being a pain to work with. It was her first time getting groomed and she's a curious, hyperactive puppy. It just doesn't seem to me like very good manners to call a customer's puppy a brat. And aren't they supposed to be used to the puppy energy? Not to mention we wonder what she did to Lacie to try to keep her from being a "brat."

Anyway... in the meantime, while we're waiting for our groomer to become available again. What do you guys think of our taking Lacie to a grooming school for her next hair cut? Do you think that would be disastrous?
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!