View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 07:58 AM   #7
fifilame
Yorkie Yakker

I thought I read that a bile test had already been done and came back normal? (from your earlier thread?) her regular vet said he did it and it was fine - however, his partner did it after fasting and after eating and said her numbers were 27 and 90. Her regular vet did not do it that way to my knowledge. Since she had been taking Zeniquin, Prednisone and Metacam, I wondered if that could change her numbers but he didn't think it would change it "that significantly".

Did they test her for pancreatitis? I am unsure - was just told that they took blood and tested her for "like 20 different things" but didn't state what those "things" were. Her CBC was done like 3 times and was always normal though. I will ask about that. Could that cause these problems?

I do believe that a first heat and swollen mammary glands can be a very painful condition. Is she having any discharge and/ or bleeding at all? Had discharge for a day or two after about a week but haven't noticed anything in the past month.

It is also common for them to go off their feed for a bit. Is she drinking, urinating and pooping okay? Are her stools normal? Was not eating when all this started. I boiled chicken and made rice for a few days and then I changed her diet from Royal Canine for Yorkies to adding Benefull chicken stew to it to get her going. I now am adding Nutro with lamb & rice which was his next suggestion. Always drank and pees and poops okay - poops always stayed normal. Dr. said there was a lot of sediment in the pee.

What is her normal diet, including treats and chew toys or anything else she has access to up to the point of her not feeling well? Normal diet was just Royal Canine mini for yorkies. I do give her the chew sticks.

Did her abdomen appear normal in the Xray? Yes. He said all organs look good and I have a copy of the ultrasound report and that dr. said his conclusion is that the dog's mammary glands must still be bothering her. That "There was no obvious evidence of cancer or congenital portosystemic shunt noted during this dog's general evaluation".

When were her last vaccinations and what did she get? on Feb 7th she got corona, DHL-PPv annual and on March l5th she got her 3 yr. rabies.

You sound quite knowledgeable and if you have any ideas I would be so grateful because I am so in love with my little girl and I just really want to get to the bottom of this. Thanks...
fifilame is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!