View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 06:19 AM   #2
KJLive
Donating YT 500 Club Member

WOW! You've got a lot going on here! LOL

First off, yes Yorkie's can be trained to go outside. Try taking him out every 1-2 hours at this stage. Increase the time as he gets older.

If you don't want to use the outdoors, there are pee pads. I understand you may not want the disposable ones but are you aware that there are washable ones? Just like cloth diapers, so to speak. I prefer the washable ones and use them in my home. (My Yorkie goes outside, but my two Biewers are pee pad trained).

Yorkies take a bit more time and patience to potty train than many other breed of dogs. Patience and consistency is the key to this and generally by 8 months or so they pretty much have it down pat. Some a little sooner and some it takes a little longer.

Lastly, if you want to give him a little "free time" outside the expen you can use a belly band. Although these aren't designed to wear every day, all day (because they will cause irritation and redness) you can use them for a few hours a day and let your little guy have some free time in the house.

Good luck!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!