View Single Post
Old 08-28-2004, 05:02 AM   #4
Higgin's Mom
YT 500 Club Member

I absolutely agree with Bettyeanne that the problem is her confinement to the corner! She needs companionship and ACTION! When Higgins was a baby, he used the pee pads for several months. In fact, if we are leaving him at home when we go out for longer than a couple of hours, I put a pee pad down for him. Our old dog Pogo has NEVER used the pea pad. And Higgins has only chewed up the pea pad once.....not sure why.....

TOYS! Yorkies need LOTS of toys! My house looks like it has a two year old child living in it! Toys everywhere! We have a toy basket in the house and both dogs love to go through it looking for that special toy. There is also a little toybox in our camper they love to go through. Both dogs LOVE new toys and we are forever buying them! Right now the "Heave a Beaver" is a favorite." And when Higgins doesn't have enough toys INSIDE, he brings more toys -- sticks and stones and leaves and bark and whatever -- from the OUTSIDE into the house! Our house looks messy most of the time.....but we sure have a happy Yorkie.

One thing we noticed this week: Higgins wants our attention ALL the time. He mostly got it when we were camping last week and relaxing and playing with him most of the time. Now we are home and we have things to do and he goes from one to the other complaining.......We take lots of time with him, but have started to tell him that "Now you have to play by yourself for awhile" and he does......

I think that Owen will do well with company from your other dogs and a more relaxed environment with someone who cares......Keep us posted!
Higgin's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!