View Single Post
Old 04-01-2005, 12:46 PM   #28
chloeandj
Tinkerbell, My Little Flutterpup
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StewiesMom
I've mentioned before on other posts that my boyfriend (well, his mom) has two maltese female littermates. They're lazy jerks that hate Stewie and growl and snap at him even if he's minding his own business across the room. They're two or three years old and steal his toys and food. Whenever he tries to go on his pee pad @ their house they bother him so he won't go. Sorry that this turned into a rant.

Although I think these girls may be bad examplles, I prefer Yorkies because of their terrier personality; they're more active and inquisitive and definitely more affectionate. Stewie loves all other dogs. It may get him into trouble one day, but I'd rather supervise his play than worry about him biting and snapping at any dog his comes across.

Again, this is just the opinion I have formed based on my experience with both breeds.
Well just like most dogs, particularly small breeds, maltese must be socialized. My maltese loves to play with any dog she comes across but we have a loving golden retriever in our home and it did her a lot of good with getting her used to other dogs. And maltese and yorkies alike can have jealousy problems too. And of course they are easily spoiled. Many things can effect the personality of your dog. I would definately agree that yorkies are more inquisitive and active.
chloeandj is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!