View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 11:26 AM   #14
manolos mom
Donating YT 4000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkielady06 View Post
Her "plume" as it was explained to me is quite pretty. It is about 21/2 inches long and when I stack her I "push" it up and boy is her topline straight and loins are short. But that look is lost once she is put on the floor as her little nub does not show much above her topline. I have hopes that when she matures more that the nub will grow with her and show the slightest bit more .
We got over the stubborness and she had that "show" attitude. When we came out of the ring, people came over and complemented her and her attitude. Fellow exhibitors of other breeds said she had the spunk and presence that says "look at me". Of course I am new and was nervous. I just did what I learned in class and my instructor was proud. She was judging the hounds, herders, and sporting dogs. She gave me a few pointers on how to improve me (have fun was tops) which I did but was shaking like a leaf.
I will keep going with her and see how she does. I will also be showing NAKC and maybe UKC as shows up here are far and few in between unless I travel 4 hours each way. She is just 4 months so we have time, both she and I...
Thank you for all your support and help..I sure do have the show bug now. I met a breeder of Chis at the first show I went to to watch, she is in the kennel club I just joined, and she would like me to show a male of hers. I am not sure what to do about a short haired dog Not sure if I will do it or not. I want to show but love the Yorkies...

Congratulations on your show. It is so much fun. We show again on Sat and Sun. Good Luck to you...
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!