View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 05:33 AM   #13
yorkieusa
Crazy about Kacee!
Donating Member

Glad you had some blood tests done. I was kind of worried about the vaccinations. Yorkies may be dogs. Who knows? However, many also have reactions to vaccinations and many times over vets ( the so-called know-it-alls ) over-vaccinate. By that, I mean, they give them all of their shots in one day. Lepto is famous for reactions in yorkies. I don't give that vaccine to mine. Also, I never get the rabies vaccine at the same time as the other shots. I've seen the results that often occur by doing so. Vets are too quick to jump on the neuro bandwagon sometimes. If they can't categorize it - they're neurotic!

I hope your training works out well. FYI - yorkies are very independent and are very famous for not coming to their people and like to make a game of it.

You have lots of experience with dogs, but please also consider that all breeds are not the same just because they are dogs.

Don't negate the effects of over-vaccinating a small dog. I don't think anyone will send you any mean replies. People here often use the leash when they are training their little one's. However, I can only say that he is very small and you have no idea what he has been through in the past. Please let us know how his training goes. I'm sure things will work out in the end. I'd be a little neurotic if I was only 8 lbs and became lost from my family, too!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!