Thread: found yorkie
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 04:00 AM   #29
Bentleys Momma
YT 500 Club Member

Thank you for all the advice and support. This unfortuantely is extremely tense time period in our home as our foster baby is not getting along well with Maddie. Or truly the foster puppy just wants to play but Maddie is horrified. There are so many posts/posters on YT so you probably do not recall but Maddie was being rehomed in December of last year. My husband and I were in early discussions of getting another Yorkie when he heard through a freind of a friend of a cousin (you know the story) about a Yorkie needing a home. When I went to visit her, she was in such a bad situation that I knew I would not walk out of that house without her! She is quite small and they had an Akita who was basically using her as a real life toy. With the wonderful advise of YT family, and lots and lots of patience, it took us several months and lots of tears but she is no longer frightened all the time...she even shocked us by sitting with my son when he was home on military leave in September!. You have no idea what a big step that was for us!. Anyway, she is still extremely timid so we go out of our way to try to make sure she feels safe while still trying to bring in new experiences for her to grow stronger!

So, along came "Chester" yesterday...Our new friend is just wanting to play with her... (side note: despite his nickname Monkey our other Yorkie is a little bit of a Yorkie snob and really only plays with us or himself. Occasionally he and Maddie will play together but not very often. They kind of co-exist even when snuggling on the the same lap!

So back to our new foster little boy, he is so sweet truly. and he has taken quite a liking to my daughter. Thank heavens because since he jumped at Maddie, I am having to keep him and Maddie completely separated as she reverted back to shaking whenever he is playing in the same room.

Well, this post has gone long enough. I guess I am just really asking that everyone pray for us to find "Chester's" true home and if you wouldn't mind adding a prayer of peace and understanding for my husband and I, I would greatly appreciate it. He has a legitimate complaint as we agreed no other furbabies in the house a I broke that rule. However this is a different scenario and only temporary -- although he is fearing it will become permanent.

Thanks everyone!

Peggy, Monkey & Maddie and fosterbaby Chester too!!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!