View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 05:09 PM   #1
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Question Your Dogs Pros/Cons

Got this thread idea from another forum. Thought it would be fun.

List your dogs pros/cons.

Jackson's pros:
+ He's very very smart. Picks up tricks really fast and seems to get things even before I teach him.
+ He's naturally well behaved. He's the kind of dog I know I can bring out anywhere (whether it be a families/friends home, public store, park, etc) and know he's going to be alright. He's had free roam since 5 months old and I've never come home to poop, pee, or anything destroyed. He has no dog aggression, dog reactivity, etc. He's never met a dog he didn't like.
+ While he's very very active and can run for hours, he's not 'hyper' or 'bouncy' and does have an off switch and also enjoys to spend a rainy day curled up on the couch or on his bed. Or he's willing to sleep in 'til noon with me on weekends. But I love his spunk, activeness and athleticism.

Jackson's cons:
- He's wary of strangers. If he doesn't know you, he's not going to let you just come up to him and start petting him. He usually shys away but he's been becoming much more confident in general and approaching people willingly. Once he gets to know you, he loves you forever.
- He can be somewhat of a follower or a copycat. For example, yesterday, my friends 2 little yorkies and Jackson were in my Jeep as we ate our take-out food... Jackson *never* barks at people that walk by the car. ever. But Nala and Bandit started barking at someone walking by and Jackson starts barking simply because they are and he has NO clue what he's barking at. LOL. He does this with my dads 2 dogs too.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!