View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 02:53 PM   #11
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkielady06 View Post
Well she did awesome at the match today and I was so proud of her. At 4 months she went up against 4 other yorkies and well placed 3rd
I have asked a few breeders and wanted a true opinion on her so I asked the Judge after the show. She told me Sassy is beautiful but her tail is way too short. I knew this going in from 2 other exhibitors telling me this but the standard is not specific so figured I would give it a go. Now at least I know this. The judge told me her good points and that her topline is perfect, her structure on the table and her coat are great. Her tail being too short is not from breeding but from improper docking...still stinks but true and not something I did not expect. I had a great time and met some wonderful people of bichons and sharpeis . The bichon took group and placed 3rd in show.. he is in the class with me so I was very happy for him and stayed for the whole show to route him on.
Well good for you. Standard says docked to a medium length, right? I agree with another poster, don't stop showing her, incorrect docked tail length is not a structural fault. When she grows up with the additional hair on tail, it may balance out a bit.

So your task now, and you've gotten some feedback, judges and other exhibitors, enhance her good points. Coat is great, then make that coat dazzle. Literally dazzle, a gleam so bright you'd need sunglasses for. I have some suggestions, if you give me a pm I'd be happy to share with you. Structure is good, then stack her to |SHOW OFF her rock solid top line, wear contrasting pants/tops to make it zing to the eye. On table when she grows more coat on tail, hold tail up about 1 or 2 inches on the hair, to give illusion of longer tail. Same on floor stack. Is her movement good? Then take longer on the down and back, show off her great side movement, you will need to work on the pacing to do that. Have friend help you by videoing you and she with different speeds. And never, ever, think you don't have a good dog. You go into that ring, you strut your stuff, and you say with your eyes, with your body language, I believe, I know I have the best dog in here.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!