View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 09:56 AM   #1
watertown
Yorkie Yakker

Love 2nd try but still struggling

I have a 6 mth old, nearly 3 lb. female Yorkie named Mya. She came to me two months after losing my precious 6 1/2 yr old Yorkie named Molly to a disease called lymphangiectasia. It was a devasting time and losing Molly has been the most difficult time in life since the loss of my husband over 8 years ago to cancer. Molly was my world; Mya has slowly made her way into my heart which I really thought was closed forever now. After fighting that disease to try to save Molly I am probably a little hyper vigilant and am concerned because Mya is a finicky eater. With her small size it makes me even more nervous. She was on Science Diet when she came to me, lost interest in it and I have tried to switch her to Wellness; which she is not thrilled with even if I add a little water. I don't want to start adding "goodies" to her food to get her to eat and maybe will have to try something other than Wellness. I will only feed holistic or natural food (if you are familiar with lymphangiectasia you'll know why-Molly had to be on a purely homemade diet but I do not want to go that route again) but want to know if anyone has any suggestions. Mya is sooo tiny...I want the best for her.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!