View Single Post
Old 10-09-2010, 07:56 PM   #1
KelMchel
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Rescued a Yorkie...

I havent posted in a bit...sorry Between home schooling, kids, husband, Riley and the list goes on....lol. I wanted to come here for some support! Riley is our Maltese and he is a year old. He is MY dog ha ha. I love him to pieces...well anyhow...there was an elderly lady not far from us that "raised" several breed of dog. Yorkie happened to be one. Well...she died last March or so and her husband had been taking care of the dogs. We discovered that she had as many as 30 one time. So...the grandson is friends with my daughter and told her that his grandfather was giving this little 6 year old girl away. First of all, I have never rescued a dog, I purchased Riley from a reputable breeder. I feel so badly for this little girl. She was one of the breeder girls I guess and is in heat right now! She has touched our hearts so much. I do know that the dogs were taken to the vet, because she used the same one as I do. We bathed her tonight, put a little bow in her hair, and are just trying to love her. I told my daughter who is 15, that I bet she had never had her own "spa" day! Her hair is cut short except around her ears that stand straight up lol Riley is doing really well with her, the usual sniffing and such. I just hope that she can handle the adjustment. Any advice is certainly welcomed, Im going to call the vet Monday to make sure she is up on shots, as they told me she was and again, they use the same vet as me, so we shall see.

Thanks for readin!

Kelly
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!