View Single Post
Old 10-08-2010, 05:36 PM   #7
Ladymom
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimem2003 View Post
yes I got Chipper at nine weeks old. I had always heard that you can get a pup at 8 weeks and never knew different until I found this site after I already got Chipper. Now I have learned the importance of having the little stay with the mates and mother longer. Wriggley isn't neutered. I got him for my boyfriend and I wanted to get him neutered but he won't do it. Chipper is going to get his appt set on the 20th when he gets his rapies shot. now whats weird is that my boyfreind just came in the room and laid down on the bed while chipper was eating his bone and wriggley jumped on the bed with him and chipper and chipper just wanted to play. he didn't snap or anything.. Then wriggley took his bone and he could have cared less? My bf said that hes never seen chipper snap at wriggs. Do you think its me? am I doing something wrong?
Chipper probably sees your boyfriend as his pack leader so he behaves better when he is around him. It is also possible that Chipper is resource guarding you, too.

You really need to get a handle on this behavior immediately. Adult dogs usually give puppies a free pass for awhile and are more tolerant. You are going to have a problem in a few months if you have two unneutered males in the same house, especially since Chipper thinks he's top dog. We have had horrible stories of intact Yorkies viciously fighting one another to the point of injury, even death.

Please discuss this with your boyfriend and get Wrigley neutered right away, then Chipper as soon as possible. Work on Chipper's behavior with Nothing in Life is Free. Doing these things now will hopefully spare you the difficult decision of having to rehome one of them later on.
Ladymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!