View Single Post
Old 10-08-2010, 07:45 AM   #6
MochaBoyMom
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Have you taken her to a child psychologist? This might be very easy to cure. The reason I'm suggesting this is that I used to be in the "big sister" program and my "little brother" told me he was having the same nightmare almost every day. There was a shadow figure that chases him and he ran and ran but was always found. He doesn't know what the thing is because he always wake up when he was found. Our advisor in the program is a child psychologist. He told me to just ask him one question, "what weapon(s) in your video games would you use to defeat the thing?". My "little brother" got very excited and started describing everything he would use. I thought he would tell me the following week (we meet weekly) how he defeated the bad guy. However, he said he stopped having nightmares so never got to fight the thing. I asked my advisor what happened and he told me that my little brother does not need to actually fight the thing, he just need to know that he can fight it and the nightmare will go away.

I understand this is different from your daughter's case but really hate to see a kid suffer. Maybe you should seek professional help. It might just take one session, as in the case with my little brother. Don't get me wrong, I believe a yorkie will be great for your daughter, even when she outgrew her nightmares. Yorkies are so special and they do wonders for a child's development. I even know people who use yorkies to fight and won battle with depression. Anyway, just want to offer my experiences in case you want to try this. Good luck!
MochaBoyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!