View Single Post
Old 10-08-2010, 06:15 AM   #5
celstu1
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Hi! Welcome to YT! Congratulations on your new addition! Yorkies are great! As someone else mentioned, they are more of a 1 person breed though. I would have your daughter do as much as possible with the puppy. Feed her, give her treats, take her out to potty, etc.... that way the puppy bonds with your daughter the most. As far as sleeping, I did not let my boys sleep in a bed until they were at least 6 months old. This was for a few reasons. They were too small, if I rolled over I could have squished them, also the bed is high and when they are that small they could fall off and break something or land on their head and the results will not be pretty. Also for potty purposes, they had to hold it all night. However I did get a mattress cover that is waterproof and soft just in case of accidents (which there were a few in the early days).
I would have the puppy sleep in a crate in your daughters room so she gets used to the sound and scent of your daughter. I started dating my BF when my boys were 2 years old and they are now 5 years old and still will not go near my boyfriends kids and they are older at 16 & 14. Yorkies really do bond with their 'owner' so make your daughter your puppy's owner.

Good Luck with your new baby! I hope it does help your daughter's nightmares!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!