View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 12:03 PM   #5
MI Yorkielover
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkieusa View Post
She is so darn cute! I trained mine using "no bark" in a deep voice. When you leave, can you turn on the tv? That would help mask the noises of people walking in the hallways. I feel for you. If I lived in an apt bldg, I imagine mine would be barking nonstop. Do you put her in a crate when you leave? If she has a crate, you could also put it in a bedroom or the farthest room from the door/hallway wall. These are the only suggestions I have. I am not a fan of the spray bottle technique anyway. There is just something about it that I don't like. I know it has helped some people, but that is just me...
This is what works (most of the time ) for us, too. Coins didn't work, she would bark at the coin sound. She would run from the squirt bottle, I didn't like it much either. Sophie only barks when people are walking their dogs in front of our house and the no bark command reduces her voice to a small whine ( Aw Mom, why not?). I think the crate and fan ideas are good also. Sometimes I leave soft jazz on low for her when we're gone. Your little one is just darling

Last edited by MI Yorkielover; 10-07-2010 at 12:05 PM.
MI Yorkielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!