View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 10:37 AM   #10
dexterandalana
Dreamin' of Dexter
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie May View Post
After watching some of the clips floating around the net a couple years ago, I had to make some very hard decisions. I could not justify the cruelty, and in May '09, I stopped eating meat. At first it was just going to be a personal ban on factory farmed animals, but then I go to thinking some more and gave it up entirely. While buying meat from farmers who only raise animals humanely is amazing and ok for most people, for me personally I couldn't justify continuing to eat it at all. Next will be a change in my egg and dairy suppliers.

Anyway, while I don't say that everyone should be vegetarian, I do find it interesting that some are almost scared of what would happen if they don't have a steady flow of meat. Humans are omnivores, but we can still do very well without meat, poultry, or fish of any kind. There are things that people who adapt this diet need to be aware of (VB deficiency, iron deficiency, etc.); however, the AHA has a list of things on their website that we are less likely to get (stroke, cardiovascular disease, high blood pressure, and maybe even some cancers). I'm not advocating vegetarianism for health benefits, but they are some and that is very clear.

dairy was one of the first things i changed because of a video i had seen even before this documentary of factory farmed dairy cows with infections on their utters with puss and infected wounds oozing while being milked. nasty. i thought milk was gross before...that just sealed the deal.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!