View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 01:31 PM   #13
Bentleys Momma
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencar98 View Post
This morning I get an email notice from Fabric.com notifying me of a special sale. The subject line was cut off but read

....Wow! Westminster Cotton Prints...Starting at $3.49.....

Only a crazy dog lady would think first....."Oh goody, dog fabric....Yipeeee! Wonder what the Westminster prints are?" After all there is only one Westminster, right?

Of course it wasn't dog fabric, but some fabric brand name that was on sale.

My mind has truly gone to the dogs
As I was reading this, I thought the EXACT same thing!!! This isn't the first time that happened to either. I also LOVE LOVE LOVE to read. Of course, I want to have my yorkies on my lap while I am reading too which makes it all the better. ANYWAY, we had a shopping center come in to our area about two years back and there was a sign that said "Borders" coming soon! I was SOOOOO excited because to get to a real bookstore (and not just the target/walmart book section) I have to drive 55 minutes one way! Anyway, wouldn't you know, I was pumped for months telling everyone we are getting a Borders! Well, it turned out to be "Borders Mexican Restaurant". When I saw the store sign finally posted on the shopping strip I wanted to CRY! Seriously??? I live in Texas so the last thing our town needed was another Mexican restaurant (no offense intended to anyone here!). I have REFUSED to go to that restaurant due to false advertising.

Peggy, Monkey & Maddie
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!