Thread: Need advice
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 12:49 PM   #1
pippinsmommy
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Need advice

My sister recently moved back home and just two days ago (monday) she picked up the boxer puppy she bought. Her name is Addie and she is totally adorable but here's the thing I need advice on. Pippin isn't really too fond of her. Monday he didn't eat and he didn't want to play and when she came near him he would growl, bark and snap at her. Yesterday he did a little better because my sister gave Addie a bath and she smelt like his shampoo and not like her brothers and sisters. He ate his food yesterday and he actually chased after his toys even though a couple of them she had played with, but he still growled at her when she tried to play with him and he's still snapping at her.

I'm giving Pippin all my attention and reassuring him that she won't hurt him and that he will be fine. He's still wanting to go outside, he's not peeing around the house. I just don't know wha to do to help them get along. Is it just one of those things that is going to take some time? When he was growling at her and running from her in the kitchen his tail was wagging, is that a good sign? I'm so confused and I'm getting worried that he doesn't want to eat his food. I know he'll eat when he is hungry cause he did that last night. Any advice would be great because I'm not sure what to do and it's only been 3 days.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!