View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 09:13 AM   #47
yorkiepuppie
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiebaby View Post
Ok, everyone - Update time!

That behavior scared me too, Nana! Luckily, we did get an appointment this morning.

After an evaluation by the internal medicine team at OSU and a dermatology evaluation they think they have it figured out. The lump under her chin/neck is a pretty bad infection that spread through her body. Not sure what it could have been provoked by, but she chews on her license (yes, the metal one. It's HUGE this year and far too large for Yorkies) and I think maybe the metal got a little jagged and bothered her.

The antibiotics are helping and now she has some topical wipes to clean the bacteria out. She should be feeling better in a couple days.

$800 later...but, how could we risk it? She was breaking our hearts with how miserable she was feeling.

Thanks for all the kind words
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana911 View Post
She's got one good spleen...good for her!! My daughter acted like that when she was deathly ill and they said that agitated behavior was actually a symptom of sepsis..who knew. But, perhaps Maggie is more human than you think. Not that Maggie was septic but that her spleen and agitation were very much human like, perhaps in a previous life???

Those damn tags.. I figure if they have their little tags on with your contact information whadda they gonna do, jail Maggie for walking without a license? Most ordinances say you have to purchase the license, I'm not sure about wearing the thing, if they want all dogs to wear it, then they should make them smaller. Someone in city hall picks them out randomly, I know. Because one year I just happened to pick out the city lake boat tags/stickers and dog tags. I picked cute little dog tags that year and made all the fisherman buy hot pink boat stickers. Every city has a catalog and in the middle of the year they purchase whatever random color, size, shape they want for the following year...let city hall know your complaint!!!!

Squeaky wheel gets the grease....mine chew their tags too, if they can get them to their mouths....

Once again...yeah for Maggie and kudos to her spleen!!!!
glad to hear that maggie is doing better. do you think you can put her licence tag either on your key chain or attach it to her leash instead of attaching it to her collar?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!