View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 09:01 AM   #1
furbutt
My Princess Poppy
Donating Member

Cry Poppy got stung, been at vets... not good :(

I'm so upset right now its been a horrible day.

About 2pm i get a phone call off my OH saying Poppy had been stung by a wasp and is now lying on the floor not moving and drooling from the mouth. I rush home where he is holding poppy waiting for me outside (good job i live 2mins from work) and we rush poppy to the vet 2mins drive away.

I run in and the nurse wraps her in a blanket. Poppy looks like she is druged up responding al ittle but not much and it was like all the life i had seen a few hours ago had been sucked out of her.

The nurse went to touch her mouth to see if she was swollen and poppy screamed with pain, she was in ALOT of pain. I burst out crying i hated that sound i felt so helpless and thought i was going to lose her.

They called the vet who was out at the time and he came straight back and took over. They took her into this room where he had to check her mouth and throat for swelling. She screamed again and i just talked to her hoping my voice would calm her alittle. It was all so scary for her and for me!

They got out the sting and what we think was the poision from her mouth. He then weighed her and gave her two shots. One was steriods for the pain (which he told me he would only be giving her today and if she needs something for the pain tomorrow it would have to be something different as she was to small) He then gave her another shot as he said the wasp sting is dirty so she didnt get an infection.

He told me to keep an eye on any swelling she might have and if she gets any swelling on her throat to rush her back. He checked her all over and her heart and everything must have been ok because he let her some home. Oh he also checker her eyes and stuff.

She came home and i put her in her crate and she fell right asleep and has only really got up a few times when i have been home. She gave me kisses before so her mouth must be feeling better with the pain killers kicking in (that might also be why she is tired)

Been a very upsetting day really. I was going out to meet friends tonight but i have cancelled and i am staying in to look after my little girl!

She has an appointment at 9am in the morning tomorrow for a check up so please pray my little Poppy is going to be ok. I am so so worried about her

She is not her normal happy little self and is just sleeping. Ugh i am so worried i dont like this at all
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!