View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 04:16 AM   #3
NAUTILUS1900
Senior Yorkie Talker

HI and welcome to the club.
I have the puppy kong and my Yorkies don't play with it very much, maybe because it's to hard and to big for their mouth. But you have to try it and see.
You have all the questions that all of us had before getting our babies home. The thing is that you have to try everything out and see what works for your baby, because there isn't any rules that will work in any case.
Off course crating is the wise thing to do but you will see for yourself that some times you won't like having your baby in the crate. Also when you're in the house your puppy will feel safer if he can see you through the crate instead of being alone in another room.
About pee pads. I use them full time for more than a year now and I'm very happy with them . Don't try to cut them in half. First of all you'll see that your puppy will use all of it and second if you cut them the pee will lick from the side.
As far as toys are concerned, you'll soon find out that you'll never have enough. If you read some of the posts here, you'll see that we all spoil our babies to the maximum and we love it. You can get big small soft hard toys and try them. Your baby will tell you what he or she prefers.
Get your puppy home, get to now him and then come back here and ask all the questions you have, we'll all be here to help. We all started like you.
Welcome,

Maria
NAUTILUS1900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!