View Single Post
Old 10-05-2010, 06:01 PM   #1
yorkielady06
YT 500 Club Member

Default Help with issues on lead with pup...

Ok we have been to 4 of the 6 conformation classes so far and I have a problem, well my girl Sassy does.
She is just 5 months and I know she is a pup. I have been working with her and Karma now for 5 weeks. Karma is doing great and is a "natural" stacking and on the lead. Sassy on the other hand is quite a challenge. Her newest thing is to just dead stop when walking on the lead or she pushes way out to the side and puts on her back brakes. This is new since we have been working on naturally stacking after the up and back and then I give some bait to keep her attention( which she does great) but now she just stops all the time and thinks it is treat time or is downright being stubborn, putting on the breaks.
I have tried walking her along a wall, squeeky toys, kissy noises, praising, ect. The lady that runs the class says give her time. Now how do I give her time when she refuses every attempt?
Also there is a Match on Sunday I was going to take her to and it would have been our first outting. Now I do not think I should take her.
Any veterans with ideas?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!