View Single Post
Old 10-05-2010, 07:58 AM   #753
linz06
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Layla is getting so much better at scooting around the house! She'll usually still cry for us from her new area rug in the living room, but if we don't come running, she will come find us!

Last weekend she scooted from the living room to the kitchen where I was which was a big surprise! But this Saturday she really started! We had another couple over to watch a football game, and she got so excited she wanted to be everywhere! She had no problem going from living room to kitchen to back door!

On Sunday, Scott and I were both busy outside with Scott trimming bushes and me painting shelves out on the driveway. We didn't bring her out because she would have to be in the gated backyard and she'd be just as miserable without us and we weren't able to watch her if she was in the front or side yard (without a fence). So she stayed in. Scott went inside through the garage at one point and I heard him say "What are you doing back here???" Lol she went from the living room, down the hall, through the kitchen, through the breakfast nook, past the hot tub and down the hallway to the garage all by herself! She knew we were out that way and she was waiting for us at the door!

Later we had to head into the city for a fall supper at a church with my grandma and other family. We knew we wouldn't be long so we were leaving her at home. Well, as soon as she knew we were leaving her, she scooted all the way back AGAIN and shot straight out the door and into the garage so we wouldn't forget her! I had to carry her back to the living room and run out of the house It broke my heart! When we got home a couple of hours later, she was back there again waiting for us and running around in circles (her front feet running around her planted butt lol!).

Things have changed so much this year, and I think it's just as hard on me to be without her as it is on her! And leaving her inside without us for a few hours and then going away for another couple of hours threw her schedule off so much that she didn't eat or drink ALL DAY. She barely had any pee to be expressed at bedtime Being away from us really stresses her out I guess
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!