View Single Post
Old 10-05-2010, 05:28 AM   #1
ashleygoodman89
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Animal Smiley 019 Some advice on our rugrat.

My fiance and I love our dog Chloe. She's a year and a half years old.
Here is our problem:

I am 7 months pregnant. Chloe does not like toddlers. I've read some people have problems with their yorkies " barking " at kids; Chloe gets vicious. Chloe likes to bark at a lot of things, it's hard to take her anywhere with us, especially around other dogs. She doesn't seem to like them either. She's very vocal and gets jealous very easily. As I type this, she is standing next to me barking and whining because I'm not showing her attention. I'm afraid that I have spoiled her or that somehow our lifestyle in the first 8 months of her life have made her this way. We both worked the same job that had us traveling around the east/central part of the country. So she was constantly in a vehicle on my lap or in different hotel rooms.

Another thing. She only listens when she wants to. I would like to let her loose in our fenced in yard, but she finds holes to escape or she stands at the fence and barks at the horse that's on the other side. EVERY DAY. She runs from me. I call for her and she ignores me. However, she takes my fiance more seriously. Everything is a game to her it seems. If I go after her, she just starts running circles around the yard.

I enjoy that she's so playful, but sometimes it goes too far! Help!

ashleygoodman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!