Thread: Loose stool
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 10:07 PM   #15
GetRealFit
Yorkie Talker

Default I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelandSadie View Post
take him to the vet. to be honest taking dosage advice from someone on yorkie talk is not something i would personally recommend. dosage of medications should only be done by a vet or techinician and not based on someone else's dogs dose. all dogs are dosed on weight and type. you could be overdosing or underdosing and seriously make a dog sick by giving the same amount as someone else tells you they gave their dog.

i'd go to the vet if stools are not normal and i personally wouldn't recommend giving anymore pepto until you ask a vet about the correct dosage for your pup's size.

this comes from someone who works for a vet hospital and has experience in this matter.

edited to add: i'm very shocked also that a one time only poster would advise dosages and you would listen to someone with no previous experience or postings on here. i am glad that it did seem to work for you but in the future i wouldn't personally listen to someone with little posting on here or anyone other than a vet about dosages.
I struggle to understand why people take advise from untrained people too but they do. I can understand asking about a situation so they can call their vet with questions but that's all.

Join today and remove this ad!