Thread: I need help.
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 08:40 PM   #5
blondschilli
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjane View Post
Perhaps she is trying to get attention? These pups are smart! Just like children, even negative attention will work for them.
Being angry with a puppy is just not going to help anything. Honestly, it breaks my heart every time I see someone say that about a precious puppy. Teaching a puppy is no different than teaching a child. Did you get angry with your children during potty training? Try to take a deep breath and relax. Maybe a tiny crate is not working...try and xpen and put piddle pads down for her. Put them away from her bed.
Also, I have never heard of feeding a 7 month old puppy only once/day...and then limiting water? No food or water after 2PM??? I have never heard of such a thing. You are lucky you have not had a hypoglycemic or dehydrated puppy! I believe all pups should have access to water at all times.
I don't mean to be harsh, but you really need to rethink what you are doing with this puppy! If you don't have time for her, my suggestion is to find someone who does. Seriously! If you cannot do that or don't want to do that, then please do some research about feeding and housebreaking.
For some housebreaking tips, try this website:
Free House Training for Puppies and Adult Dogs - No More Accidents Starting Today!
I personally don't believe that many yorkies are housebroken before the age of 1. Some, yes, but housebreaking is one of the major complaints about the breed.
Good luck. I hope things work out.
Well said!! I would never not feed my pup after 2pm, Your asking for a big health issue with that pup. Not wanting to be mean but I would find a home for that pup since u have a couple children and they do take alot of time to potty train all of them. LOL
blondschilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!