View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 07:13 PM   #1
diannenet
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Default Taking Toby to orthopedic surgeon on Wed.

For my peace of mind (and Toby's health) I'm going for a second opinion on his LP. His left rear leg is a Grade 3/4 and his right rear leg is a Grade 2. He was on Rimadyl for two weeks for his left leg and it helped. He's still not 100% so his vet put him on a sedative (and a diet as he's 11 lbs. and was 8 lbs. when we got him in December) to try and slow him down. HA! That worked fine until I would leave the house on the weekend (he suffers from separation anxiety when we are not on our weekly "routine.") Then he would get all hyper and bark the entire time I was gone (even in a crate which he absolutely hates but there was no other way to keep him off his feet.) The little stinker won't relax. He constantly worries about where I am. Plus I've been carrying him up and down the stairs for over two weeks. He gets heavy.

Dr. Michael Vittuci's credentials are: Accreditations & Continuing Education: AO Association for the Study of Internal Fixation, External Skeletal Fixation, Tibial Tuberosity Advancement (TTA), active member of Veterinary Orthopedic Society.

Megansmomma said I should take advantage of his knowledge so I'm going to give him a try. I'm keeping my fingers crossed we don't need surgery!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!