View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 02:11 PM   #9
deonk1
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelandSadie View Post
make sure u cook it up and use it within 3-4 days so it doesn't spoil. it's a pain, but i'd give him 3-5 meals per day and don't leave it out. he's just got an upset stomach. i'd ask the vet for a probiotic to add or add plain nonfat yogurt to the diet for his good bacteria to come back in after the antibiotics. what med is he on? boiled chicken and rice or hamb. and rice is bland to settle the stomach. keep doing it until no more symptoms remain and then very slowly transition over to a reg. diet. give them about a week long period of slowly adding back the reg. diet.

oh and don't worry, this happens and it'll be ok
Thanks, yeah he just chowed down on what I gave him, it's almost all gone, so I'll give him a few servings, I've packaged it in small amounts so that I can cook the hamburger ever day and a half, so that it's really fresh. I cooked up a large batch of rice.

Is it possible to give him too much? he's really small and has never been the type to over eat, so my assumption is that he'll only eat what he wants.

Thanks everyone... just really stressed, like I said I know he'll be ok... just not sure how much more stress I can take.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!