View Single Post
Old 10-03-2010, 03:36 PM   #10
Madraga
Yorkie Yakker

Hi guys, thanks so much for your replies.

If she likes to go to the maids and play with the maids, should this be allowed? or will this only make her ignore me and fear me even more coz she doesn't see any interaction with me?

When we got her she's always followed the maids around so I'm thinking she probably thinks the maids are her master and we're just guests or strangers. So for me to not confuse her about that, can the maids call her and play with her like they did before this incident? She's fearful but a week before this incident she's been doing fine with us, playing, being naughty, trying to chew on everything except furniture. She became bolder around the maids and i. So we were carrying her around, playing with her, and doing everything normal. Can the maids do that or should they also do what i'm doing? She's only afraid of me and not the maids.

Today I went to my brother's room to check on her and she immediately came up to me all excited so i played with her and stuff, but this was before i read your posts so I didn't know I'd have to wait 5 to15 minutes and still ignore her. Then I went to the bathroom and when i sat, she gave me a good look and saw my face again and immediately lowered herself and sat on a corner. I cannot really see if she was trembling or not but she usually sits when she's afraid of something. so i ignored her and left the room.

I have spoken to dog trainers. 2 actually, 1 was not that helpful coz all he told me was to ignore her and i dunno how I ignore something that's living and following me around and stuff. The other told me to give her a safe environment or space in the house where she could hide and she told me to avoid looking at her while i play with her or feed her. She told me not to hover and stuff, but still play with her and pet her once in a while.

i'm ok with ignoring her and stuff. I want to go out and do things for myself too, but i don't know how the maids are supposed to treat her. My main concern is they don't know how to deal with this incident and her personality and they might do their own thing with her and end up making it more difficult for me to alleviate this problem.

So please let me know how we're supposed to deal with this. Treat it this way: She's afraid of some people in the house and not others. But everyone of us live here and we all want to play with her and see her come around.

I don't want her to recognize the maids as her masters coz if they leave, then I'd be stuck with a depressed dog who'd think she'd been abandoned. She's gone through enough of that. She knows she has to follow me around. But if you let her choose she wouldn't. She barks at my mom, is afraid of my dad and my brothers. So do we all do your recommendations with the dog, including the maids?

Thanks.
Madraga is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!