View Single Post
Old 10-03-2010, 07:26 AM   #5
Madraga
Yorkie Yakker

Thanks yet again KJC. Your posts are very informative.
Today I did pet her and carry her and stuff. There was a thunderstorm and she is afraid of those. She will tremble all over when she hears thunders. So when this started I knew she'd want me to carry her or comfort her. So i sat on the couch, and she immediately jumped on the couch and squeezed herself next to me. I didn't baby her like i would but i did nudge her and patted her back just to let her know I'm next to her and she shouldn't worry. Was this wrong? Should I have kept her on the floor and not have shown any concern?

I try to be emotionless and do my thing quietly, call her during feeding time. Not make a big fuss over her. But when she starts to play and when she does something good, I do pet her and tell her she's been a good girl. Is this wrong also? Should I not show any kind of emotion or react to her in any way?

She didn't sleep in my room tonight coz she was ignoring me, we were fine and she would come to me when i called her but when i was lying on the bed she saw something again. So she started to hide from me. She doesn't bark or growl at me anymore but she is very very afraid of me. So when she ignored me, I brought her crate to my brothers room, we were in his room when she saw something in my face again. She's sleeping there tonight. and i'll just feed her tomorrow.

What signs will I have to watch out for in order to see that I can go back to being normal around her and that i can start showering attention and affection?

Thanks.
Madraga is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!