View Single Post
Old 10-02-2010, 12:33 PM   #1
lpham
No Longer a Member

Default Need some Advice ASAP!! Multiple episodes of diarrhea

My yorkie has had several episodes of diarrhea in the last 4-5 hrs. The only changes that I can contribute to this is that she is in the middle of changing foods and I introduced wet food a couple of weeks ago. She has been having looser stools lately (in the last week or so) which I thought was due to the wet food but yesterday I fed her 1/2 a cup of wet food and my bf didn't ask and fed her another 1/2 cup of wet food 8 hrs later. She is only given 1/2 a cup of wet food once a day but yesterday she ate twice as much. Could that be what is causing her to have loose stools? We are already thinking she needs to go to the vet but I want to know what might be causing it, what I should do in the mean time, and if I shouldn't have her eating too much today. I already know that I need to keep her hydrated so we are encouraging her to drink water. We thought maybe it was some sort of inflammation or a bug that would pass and she is acting like her usual self. In fact, she seems to be perfectly fine and doesn't seem affected at all despite her symptoms.
lpham is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!