View Single Post
Old 10-02-2010, 07:08 AM   #9
DvlshAngel985
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poshible View Post
My whole problem is finding the breeder that has what I want. Not a backyard breeder, and a asked a couple of them for for references and ended up where I am now, because they did not have the look I desired. I am being rather picky because it is like picking out a child to me...years spent together and I want to know I found just what I was looking for :-)
I totally get what you mean. I'm sorry if I came off as rude. I haven't spent as much time as I use to on YT and I'm not as up to date on all the threads. Believe me when I say I use to practically live on YT. Anyway, I was as picky as you are. I had to have a male, with a dark saddle, and floppy ears. Fortunately, I found exactly what I was looking for and HE IS my child. (I don't have human babies) But, in order to get exactly what I wanted, I did look at older pups (over a year old) as they are closer to the kind of look they will end up being.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speleogirl37 View Post
If you are that picky....you should adopt an older dog.

Yorkies can change so much in the first couple yrs. What if it changes to a totally different look than whatever look, you're looking for? I hope this doesn't sound mean, not intended that way at all! Just wondering
And that's why I adopted a one year old boy. He has changed physically a little over the year I've had him. His face is getting more gold to it, and he has a "racing stripe" down his back. Even this way there is no guarantee.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!